To say my kids are Disney lovers would be an understatement. But, really? Who doesn’t adore Mickey and all his friends, right!? We were recently asked to host a Disney Side Home Celebration and we were ecstatic to help spread the Disney magic around to our friends!
We immediately knew which friends we wanted to share the joy with and this mom got to planning a little low key fun family game night! Our kiddos (6 and 3 1/2) have just recently really gotten into board games, so our family has loved adopting fun fame nights to spend time together. Family time is important and some of our favorite board games are Disney themed; something the whole family can enjoy. Below are some awesome tips and my “Must-Have’s” for the perfect Disney Family Game Night, so you and your family can join in on the pixie filled fun, too!
Tips For a Successful for a Disney Family Game Night
- Good Food. Of course you want to entertain your guest right? My best advice? Keep it simple. We went with pretzels, pizza, and cake – – who doesn’t love pizza and cake!? I have to give a HUGE shout-out to Papa Murphy’s in Ballantyne of Charlotte! They are a big fave in our house and I was proud to have previously been a Papa Murphy’s mom, so I knew their pizza is exactly what we wanted to serve and what would make the perfect menu for our celebration! Besides, the variety and options of customization, make it a perfect fit when serving several people so there’s something everyone is sure to love!
- Age Appropriate Games. Our guests had kids in the same age range of our own, so it was fairly easy to choose which games to play. We wanted to give the kiddos options, but not too many options to make it difficult. Among our favorite? Disney’s Eye Found It and Hedbanz.
- Have Fun! All of the kiddos had a blast and while we kind of made up our own rules for the Headbanz game; that’s okay! The kids enjoyed acting out the characters rather than describing them and it turned into a fun game of charades more than anything else! It’s okay if you don’t always play by the rules, just have fun with it – that’s the most important part!
We served enough pizza to suit everyone at the party and the kids loved singing along to their favorite Disney tunes as they ate! Once we were done eating, it was of course time for C-A-K-E! I just have say.. this cake was simple amazing! Made by the talented Stacy Williams of Charlotte; she captured our Disney Side in the absolute most perfect way adding Mickey and all his friends to this cake – the detail was flawless!! I mean, isn’t it almost too cute to eat!?
What Games Did We Play?
While the kids had a blast catching a glimpse of Big Hero 6 as they first arrived, then singing along to “Be Our Guest,” “Under the Sea,” and some other faves, all of the them were so into these fun games with their favorite Disney friends! We had a variety so there was something for everyone, but no one had trouble getting into any one of them! The games we set out were :
I will say, aside from this party, Frozen Trouble and Eye Found It have been played pretty much on a daily basis in our house!
All in all, the party was a huge hit and we were able to shower our friends with awesome swag bags thanks to the sponsors of the party and BSM Media! The kids and I had fun digging through our box (you can see our unveiling video HERE,) and putting together fun goodie bags for our friends to take home.
Show Your #DisneySide With These Simple Swag Bags
We filled with Disney swag bags with lots of awesome goodies like photo paper, luggage tags, nail polish, coupons, and more provided by Disney Side sponsors like HP, but also picked up some other little kid-approved faves at the local Dollar Store. You can celebrate your Disney Side in a simple and affordable way by shopping your local Target dollar section of the Dollar Store finding these great items :
- Disney theme coloring books! We got a variety to fit in for both boys and girls attending the party.
- Frozen reusable bags. We snagged this in the dollar spot at our local Target store and they were perfect to throw in our goodie bags for the kids to use with toys or whatever their hearts desire!
- Tissues. I snagged a pack of Frozen tissues to put in each bag; what mom doesn’t always need to find a tissue in her purse? And what kid wouldn’t of to see Olaf on a pack when they need one!? Simple pleasures, my friends!
- Mickey and Friends journal. I know both of my kids love to have a fun little notepad on hand for when we’re in the grocery store or in the doctor’s office and finding ones with Mickey and his pals were the perfect little addition to our goodie bags to send people home with!
See? You can totally show your #DisneySide on a budget and have fun! So what are your plans this weekend? Head over to Papa Murphy’s, pick up a pizza, grab a new game, and have at it – both you and your kiddos will have a blast, GUARANTEED!
Do you have a favorite Disney game? Would love if you would share in the comments so we can check it out for our next family game night in our house!!
And if you’re interested in learning how you can host a party of your own or get inspired to have your Disney themed bash, head to their website here!
Want to see how other bloggers have showed their #DisneySide? I’ll be linking up with some of my friends so you can check out how they celebrated here!!
The Best Crowe’s Nest Sample Disclosure: We received a party kit filled with pixie dust in order to host our friends. The opinions expressed above are honest, accurate, and not encouraged anyway by monetary donations. product free of charge were recieved, as stated within the editorial.