Summertime Snack Hack’s for Mom’s

Posted on Jun 23 2016 - 2:18pm by Kelley
Share on Facebook24Share on Google+0Share on StumbleUpon1Tweet about this on TwitterPin on Pinterest10Email this to someoneShare on LinkedIn0

The Best Crowe's Nest Disclosure

Summer is in full swing and if your house is like me (please tell me it is?!) You hear every five seconds those dreaded six words…

“Mommy, can I have a snack?”

Like, literally my kids don’t want to eat meals. Ever. They just want to snack.. ALL.DAY.LONG. So.. in an effort to keep our summer a little more interesting, I came up with a few Summertime Snack Hack’s for Mom’s to switch things up a bit featuring a few of our favorite’s from BJ’s Wholesale Club!

Summertime Snack Hack's For Mom's

Want to give your kids a little confidence boost? Create a little “snack basket” in the fridge or pantry where they can reach it themselves and let them choose their snack of choice instead of you getting it for them! My kids feel so special and responsible getting to choose their own snack and it helps them see healthy options for snacking. This month, we’re celebrating National Dairy Month with our friends at BJ’s Wholesale Club and I decided to showcase some of the fun and nutritious snacks BJ’s offers in their dairy aisle!

Yokids Squeezers & mini BabyBel Cheese | Snack Hack's for Mom's

Aside from giving your kids their own little snack baskets, you can make something fun and new by switching up the snack’s you already have on hand! One of our favorite’s? Yogurt pops! No mess necessary. Just stick some of your Yokids Squeezers in the freezer and voila! Several hours later you have perfectly delicious yogurt pops. I don’t know about you, but I’ve made my own yogurt pops from scratch and filling the reusable pop molds can be kind of a pain. This is my FAVORITE Summer Snack Hack.. and the kids think it’s pretty rad!

Summertime Snack Hack's for Mom's with BJ's Wholesale

There’s still some time left to celebrate National Dairy Month during the month of June, so head to your local BJ’s Wholesale Club and shop the dairy aisle yourself to find all sorts of perfect summer snacking treats!

If you’re not already a member, snag your free 90 day membership before it’s too late. I think you’ll quickly find you’re both saving money and snagging some amazing deals at the same time. With summer right around the corner, it’s the perfect time to stay stocked up on snacks and essentials while the kids will be home!

1. Cosmetics Aficionado June 23, 2016 at 2:20 pm - Reply

It’s like trying to feed Hobbits all summer lol. Great tips!

• Kelley June 23, 2016 at 5:09 pm - Reply

Umm tell me about it! Like, they want food ALL THE TIME!

2. amber.m June 23, 2016 at 2:27 pm - Reply

I am so going to have to try freezing ours! Genius snack hack!

• Kelley June 23, 2016 at 5:09 pm - Reply

Isn’t it!? And when you buy at BJ’s you get plenty so I always put a pack in the fridge and a pack in the freezer!

3. Kristie Burnett June 23, 2016 at 7:52 pm - Reply

I love the idea of a snack basket for the fridge. Perfect for the kiddos!

4. Jessica Holoka June 23, 2016 at 9:47 pm - Reply

I love the idea of making a snack basket so kids can grab their own snack! I’ll have to keep that in mind for my nieces!

5. Summer Rumsey June 24, 2016 at 9:44 am - Reply

Snack time in the summer always has me going a little crazy. Think I will try these ideas out for sure.

6. Ashley June 24, 2016 at 10:33 am - Reply

These are such great ideas! I actually love a lot of this food myself so it makes it easier to have on hand when family visits with kids!

7. Phyrra June 29, 2016 at 4:53 pm - Reply

These are really helpful ideas! I’ve got to share with a friend.

8. Jessica Scull June 30, 2016 at 9:43 am - Reply

These are GREAT ideas! I’m always looking for new snacks for my son

9. carrie @ frugal foodie mama June 30, 2016 at 10:04 am - Reply

Oh, this is such a great idea! I swear that my youngest has been a bottomless pit so far this summer! And my oldest? He has been eating WAY too much junk food. Love these healthier options! 🙂

10. Kendra June 30, 2016 at 11:49 am - Reply

I need to do this for myself. I’m constantly snacking during the summer.

• Kelley July 4, 2016 at 7:41 pm - Reply

Ugh me too. This is at least a healthier option for us moms too!

11. Noelle Kelly June 30, 2016 at 2:59 pm - Reply

Great tips!!!

12. Brooke @ Blushing Noir July 1, 2016 at 8:17 am - Reply

Us moms need all the hacks we can get, especially in the Summer!

• Kelley July 4, 2016 at 7:41 pm - Reply

Right!? Summer is so exhausting.. I’m all about what’s easy! And these are a nice refreshing treat in our 100 degree weather we’re having!