3 Easy Steps for Packing School Lunches

Posted on Aug 30 2016 - 9:36am by Kelley
Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Share on StumbleUpon0Tweet about this on TwitterPin on Pinterest5Email this to someoneShare on LinkedIn0

We’ve been back to school for several weeks now and the never-ending chore of packing your kids lunches has begun. Since my husband and I both despise packing lunches, we’re trying a new approach this year and getting the kids involved!

I let them come with me to pick out their favorite back-t0-school lunchbox items at BJ’s Wholesale Club. This way, they’re getting what they like. The assortment of allergy friendly and healthy items is endless and when we shop in bulk, I only have to go once every 3-4 weeks. With packing school lunches and snacks, also comes the challenge of meeting your classroom allergy needs. Luckily, my kids don’t have any allergies (other than being allergic to dairy as babies,) but I like to be as compliant as I can to the kids around them who do.

Stock Up on Allergy Friendly Lunch Box Items at BJ's Wholesale Club

These are all some great ideas you can stock up on during your BJ’s Wholesale shopping trip. I know every one of these things always ends up in our cart! Pirates Booty & apples are a perfect lunchbox addition and the gluten free cheese pizza is a great afternoon snack! I know my kids can’t be the only ones who always seem to come home starving.. regardless of what they had for lunch. I even got some great tips from Chef Glyn Lyman at a BJ’s Wholesale Back-t0-School event last year, so head over to refresh your memory and get some inspiration using the above snacks!

My kids put together a fun little video showing your our three easy tips for packing your school lunches using all of our favorites from BJ’s. Check it out! We would love for you to give them a “thumbs up” too!

Earn 8 Box Tops at BJ's Wholesale

Also.. as a quick reminder, BJ’s also participates in Box Tops for Education and they have some great promos going on where you can earn even more! Check out these participating brands!

BJ's Box Tops Participating Brands

And lastly, you can still snag a FREE 90 day trial membership! Shoppers can print the Free 90-Day Membership coupon at www.BJs.com/savings  and visit their local BJ’s club to activate their trial.

1. Romy S September 1, 2016 at 12:00 pm - Reply

Thanks for sharing some easy healthy ideas, I’m always looking for good school lunch suggestions & now I know I can find them at BJs

• Kelley September 1, 2016 at 2:11 pm - Reply

I’m all about what’s easiest. I remember one year I got out the mini cookie cutters and did little flowers out of cheese and turkey and stuff.. that all went out the window (especially with two kids in school this year to pack for!) Giving them some healthy choices and setting up a lunch packing station like this has been a LIFESAVER!

2. amber.m September 1, 2016 at 12:15 pm - Reply

I am such a box top collector. It’s such a simple way to support the school.

• Kelley September 1, 2016 at 2:10 pm - Reply

Admittedly, I always used to just throw them away. I felt like most of the food they came on was unhealthy junk, but I love how BJ’s has Box Tops on even the healthier lunch box choices!

3. Cosmetics Aficionado September 1, 2016 at 12:15 pm - Reply

Nice tips! My kids don’t go to public school anymore, but these are great for homeschool field trips. We usually pack lunches for them.

• Kelley September 1, 2016 at 2:10 pm - Reply

YES! You can use this tips while packing for anything.. getting the kids involved is KEY to making it easier on us moms! I know that way my kids are going to eat what they have too.. just give them healthy options to choose from and you can’t lose 😉

4. Eugenia Lung September 1, 2016 at 3:09 pm - Reply

I love Bjs! We go there to shop for our family!

• Kelley September 6, 2016 at 10:20 am - Reply

Love hearing this! It’s my go-to!

5. Doria September 1, 2016 at 7:51 pm - Reply

Oooooooh gimme that 90-day membership! We stopped shopping at BJ’s a while ago, but this sounds like the perfect time to give it another try! Thanks 🙂

• Kelley September 6, 2016 at 10:20 am - Reply

YES!! Please do try it and let me know what you think! I love the healthy and organic sections! And the fresh deli.. you can’t gt that at any other wholesale club!

6. Kendra September 1, 2016 at 11:35 pm - Reply

I really should start packing my own lunch for work…

• Kelley September 6, 2016 at 10:19 am - Reply

Tell me about it! I even prep stuff ahead of time for my husband and he STILL forgets it in the fridge!! lol

7. Jessica Holoka September 2, 2016 at 9:52 am - Reply

Your snack options are even making me hungry! Great ideas for healthier lunches!

• Kelley September 6, 2016 at 10:19 am - Reply

Haha right!? I love the ideas Chef Glenn shares I refer to in this blog post… I always grab a few bites for myself! 😉

8. Andrea Bai September 2, 2016 at 10:21 am - Reply

Thanks for sharing these snack options! It will definitely help with school lunches!

• Kelley September 6, 2016 at 10:18 am - Reply

You’re welcome! I love the allergy friendly selections at BJ’s, because you never know who may have an allergy in your childs class.

9. Dandi D September 21, 2016 at 7:26 am - Reply

These are some great ideas and I was just running out of good ones, so this is perfect timing!

10. Mary West September 27, 2016 at 1:58 pm - Reply

I wish we had a BJ’s close by!