This post is sponsored by Stella® but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
This summer, I’ve been winging it. Winging each day with the kids. Winging what we’re going to do, what we’ll eat – you name it. This afternoon, I couldn’t wait to get in my kitchen and just create. This summer, I’m all about fresh produce and ingredients and making fun and different recipes to share with my family. I’m not normally one to come up with killer original recipes… I usually leave that to my husband, but every once in a while an ingredient inspires me. Stella Cheeses was the main inspiration around this recipe so I started with that and knew I wanted to incorporate one of my favorite summer staples (portobello mushrooms) and created these Fried Portobello Mushrooms and let me tell you what… they were a.m.a.z.i.n.g!
I originally planned to just use marinated portobello mushroom caps, but as I started chopping and prepping, I had an idea… why not make them fried!? We’ve been eating keto for the past several months, so my original plan was to go keto and healthy, but I decided it was summer and I was going to try something different. And it did not disappoint!
I started the prep work, by chopping the veggies and preparing the mushrooms. Then I marinated the mushroom caps by rubbing them in olive oil and a mixture of salt, garlic powder, and pepper. If you want to keep this recipe relatively healthy, skip the frying – I guarantee it will be just as good!
The rest of the recipe is below and it was honestly so easy, making it a quick summer dinner idea OR lunch! I chopped up an italian salad with chunks of the Stella® Organic Fresh Mozzarella Cheese to go with it and we had a restaurant quality meal in under 30 minutes.
Check out the full recipe below, pin it for later, share with your friends! It’s guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser! And click the link to find where you can snag some Stella® Cheeses and unwind your self this summer!
- 4 Portobello Mushroom Caps (washed & inside removed)
- 4-5 Basil Leaves (chopped)
- 1 Tomato (sliced thinly)
- 1 Package Stella Organic Mozzarella Cheese (sliced)
- Olive Oil
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder
- 2c Pank Breadcrumbs
- 3 Eggs
- 1c Flour
- Balsamic Glaze
- Once you've prepped your veggies, heat vegetable oil in a pan
- Rub each mushroom cap with olive oil, salt, pepper, & garlic powder
- Drench each marinated mushroom cap first in flour, then egg, then panko breadcrumbs
- Cook in heated oil on each side for 2 minutes
- Set on a paper towel to drain
- Top with 3-4 slices of Stella Mozzarella Cheese
- Top with chopped basil and 1 tomato slice
- Bake on 425 for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze